Congratulations on being accepted as a participant of the 2018 Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems Summit! Below you will find important information related to your travel and participation.
Travel Expenses and Reimbursement
- Georgia Tech will cover the cost of airfare and two nights’ hotel accommodations for those traveling from out of state whose primary institutional affiliation is a non-profit organization (for example, a college or university).
- For those traveling less than 250 miles who prefer to use their own vehicle to drive to Atlanta, Georgia Tech will reimburse for mileage at the standard University System of Georgia rate of $0.545 per mile.
- Airfare and hotel accommodations will be covered up front by Georgia Tech.
- Breakfast and lunch during the summit will be covered.
- Ground transportation to/from the airport will be reimbursed upon completion of the event.
- Please save your receipts.
- Dinners will be reimbursed upon completion of the event according to the University System of Georgia per diem rate described here: https://www.usg.edu/business_procedures_manual/section4/C1163. Please note that no alcohol purchases are covered.
- Georgia Tech will NOT reimburse the cost of car rentals from the Atlanta airport to the Georgia Tech campus. Multiple ground transportation options are available to reach Midtown Atlanta, including taxis, rideshare services, and MARTA.
If you have been pre-approved to receive a reimbursement, please follow the instructions on the SALE Summit - Travel Reimbursements page.
Parking on Campus
For those local to the Atlanta area who will drive to the summit on Nov. 29 and 30, parking will be reimbursed at the Global Learning Center parking Deck located at 84 5th Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30308.